Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ethereal Experiences

"Mr.Shiver, in the river, you were sold, you were told"

I have Glassjaw stuck in my head, it's as if clearing ones thoughts just leads them to songs they have on repeat mentally. I just want to go into a river, and a little part of me just wants to immerse myself into Daryl Palumbo's voice. A voice with so much impact, memorable at best.

We've been sitting by the ocean...it's gorgeous. I just want to jump off the rocks next to us, into the sea. Our conversation keeps me rooted, makes sure I do not drift away along with the purpose of being there. We're talking about fame, I want to become famous...don't we all?

I'm just talking, "Talk, Talk, Talk to make amends for the dead!" I have another song stuck in my head.
My leggings have found themselves buried beneath rubble, and sharp objects. I'm just going to get looks when I get home... They keep me ingrained into the conversation, keep my soul inside my body...i'm afraid to drift off into the astral plane with all this beauty.

I'm at peace, life is beautiful, and a little part of me wants to die like this because i'll have a beautiful memory; three friends sitting by the sea in a park unfamiliar to me. The water is so full of life, it is sparkling so vividly...imprinted into my memory. I wish my soul would sparkle like that, illuminating everything around it and inside of it. What a nice place to be.

3 comments:

  1. Songs always seem to be the hardest thing to get rid of. You did well describing that, and the peaceful nature of the park that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how distracted you can get with your music! You did a good job using a lot of imagery to describe what was going on around you and i also liked how you wrote out what was going on in your mind. Like jumping of those ricks which i wanted to do too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the stream of consciousness of this....the music and the scene took control and the rational, restricted part of the cerebellum kind of took the back seat for a while. We can all use moments like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete